Friday, July 20, 2012

Troisième

Je suis de retour!:)

   When you're talking about Paris, there is NO WAY you won't think of the Eiffel Tower. Its arguably the most famous landmark in the City of Love. It is actually the first thing that comes into my mind BUT this cutiepie food is a close second! Ladies and Gents, meet the star of this post: MACARON.:)


   A macaron is a sweet meringue-based confectionery made with egg whites, icing sugar, granulated sugar, almond powder or ground almond, and food colouring. The macaron is commonly filled with ganache, buttercream or jam filling sandwiched between two cookies. Its name is derived from the Italian word maccarone or maccherone but France is its place of origin.
(www.wikipedia.org)

   I've seen macarons in lots of blog posts before, but I didn't knew it was available here in the Philippines. Thanks to a friend of mine who likes to try different foods, I first tasted this pretty little thing last April in Glorietta:)Look!:)


  These are Bizu's version of macarons. I only bought one because its expensiveT_________T But its really good!! I'm really biased in anything sweets so I think its worth it.:) Sadly though, there is no Bizu branch near my location, so that was the last time I bought from Bizu:(

Pistachio flavor. YUM!:)

   But thanks again to my friend, she found out that The French Baker now sells macarons too!*throws confetti* Its cheaper and slightly bigger so we're really happy! There's 4 flavors but PISTACHIO is really, really good! You won't regret trying it:)

Here are other photos. Prepare to salivate!:P


Craving already?! hahaha:P

     On a more serious note, I LOVE it that they're selling it here in my country. Makes me feel that Paris is closer to home




         A super-duper thank you to my friend Dedeth for the photos! And yes, she's also the one who encouraged me to try macarons♥ Please visit her blog! She takes awesome food pictures!:) http://dedethmojica.tumblr.com/


That's it! Thank you for reading my blog:)


Jusqu'à la prochaine fois!













No comments:

Post a Comment